Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

End of an Era

Good things always come to an end.

Nothing lasts forever.

As I watch him walk down that escalator, I knew it would be a while until I would see him again. Usually when you say goodbye to someone, you assume that you will see each other again very soon. But this time, it was different.

My best friend is going on exchange for a year and a half. He got into a very good dual-degree program in Japan. It was a good opportunity, so he accepted it. Our close group of friends supported him and also thought it was a good opportunity, but we could not bare the fact that he had to leave us for a year and a half.

What's ironic is that I'm a diplobrat, and I have been moving my entire life. But I always found it true that that when you're leaving to go somewhere else, you're excited, but the friends and people you leave behind will be very depressed. For the most part, I was the one who was leaving people behind, but this time, I was being left behind, and indeed, I was very depressed.

But as I mentioned in the beginning, good things always come to an end. Some things have to end in order for new things to start, and I think today begins a new chapter to my life.

I feel like I cannot be stuck on the past. Life goes on, and so should I. I still need to finish college. I still need to meet the girl of my dreams. I still need to pursue my passions. When life is moving, one cannot simply stand still, but must go along with it to make the most out of life.

Today marks an End of an Era, but every end comes with a beginning. For every door closed, there is a new one that opens. So let the new chapter begin, as we move away from our past, and into a new tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment